Enterprise and Environment
Executive Director of Enterprise and Environment
Enterprise and Environment brings together services who are working to create a brighter future for Fife - looking after our buildings and assets, developing a strong economy, preserving our environment and helping us get around easily and safely.
Assets, Transportation and Environment
Head of Service – Ken Gourlay
Key objective: To create a comprehensive service to provide new and refurbished buildings and facilities management and maintenance arrangements for the Council’s assets. To drive commercial benefit from some of the more commercial aspects of the Council’s infrastructure. And to provide a fully integrated service for the management and maintenance of the roads, footpaths and cycle networks. We also look after a quality refuse collection service for domestic and commercial customers and are responsible for the provision and maintenance of the Council’s vehicle fleet.
- All Property and Building Services.
- Facilities Management Service incorporating catering, cleaning
- Logistics including stores, printing and courier service
- All climate change issues, waste disposal, landfill management including power generation and heat networks
- Focus on energy reduction, alternative generation and carbon emissions reduction
- All works to roads, footpaths and bridges
- Road safety, traffic management, lighting, winter maintenance, car parks, harbours and coastal protection
- Bus stations, stops and transport interchanges
- All areas of public transport, school transport and subsidised bus services
- Domestic and commercial waste collection
- Fleet maintenance
Head of Economy, Planning and Employability Services
Head of Service – Vacant
Key objective: Growing Fife’s economy, protecting its citizens and shaping sustainable communities. The Service is responsible for the planning and building control system in Fife, environmental health, trading standards, land use planning, infrastructure planning and regeneration.
- Planning - from City Region to individual householder applications
- Protective services including Building Standards, Environmental Health and Trading Standards
- Tourism, strategic events
- Economic Development including dealing with industrial/commercial property, support for town centres, regeneration and inward investment
- Leading the Council’s Best Place to Do Business work, and managing the relationship with the Fife’s Top 200 employers, and all other companies through Business Gateway Fife
- Employability and skills development, including supported employment